Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Need of Parents Involvement in Educating Children

It seemed an impossible thing, if there are parents who do not want her child grow into a child who's smart, intelligent, physically and spiritually healthy. Growing up with reason and kindness in attitude. Surely all parents want the best for their children. A mother tiger will not abandon her child, let alone eat it. We as humans are given the excess of reason and mind, of course the best will we give to our children.

As parents, we have an obligation to raise, educate, nurture, protect, provide comfort, compassion, health, and provide guarantees of their rights as individuals are met. In addition, we have a moral responsibility to ensure they are delivering the best education for our children to a life that is more complex, toward maturation, preparing their future.

Often we ignore our needs as parents, and the prioritization of the needs of children. Husband and wife work and if asked, it can certainly answer that they work for children. Send children to schools that bona fide, the complete facilities, despite having to pay a very expensive, and when asked for what? Surely the answer for the future of children. There are many parents who send their children to schools that place far away from home, near his home when there is also a school, and when asked for what? The answer to providing the best education for their children. Yes ... all for the sake of children, and indeed it should be mandatory, because the child is trustworthy.

Have we ever think or ponder, whether we give and we do all this to the children is correct? Have we ever thought, if that had been given to children already meet the needs of outer and inner? Or perhaps it has physical needs that we provide, while the psychological needs that are lacking?

As a teacher, I often find the parents, especially mothers who come to school to ask how her children. Not just asking the state and progress of their children, but on average they come with various kinds of problems or complaints.
A mother came to see me, he said that day he accidentally came to a special school to see me, wanting to know the progress of their children. After I explained about the development of their children studying in school, He told his son learning conditions at home. Often when he had difficulty telling their children that simply puppets to learn. After telling the width at length the problem, I asked him, "When my mother told her child to learn, she was what?" I asked. Mother did not answer immediately, he blushed slightly, "I watch soap operas Sir," he said. "Interminable, and every day the soap opera, more and more exciting story here, unfortunately if you miss." Clearly again.

"Mom, that's probably the cause why the child's mother told to study hard, if we send a child to learn, yes we have to condition a child as much as possible to learn. She also had to follow to learn, so at least the mother read a newspaper or magazine, especially when you help a child do her homework, provide the questions, help prepare lessons, or other things that support the child's mother wants to learn. For example at the time to learn, things that can interfere with concentration is removed, such as the TV is turned off first. So my suggestion, from now on if she wants her children to learn, should she not told him to learn. "

"Why ... why sir? instead I should have my child learn? "Tanya's mother was a bit surprised.
"Yes Mom, from now on she never told him to learn, but my mother had to take him to learn. "

Another case with a father, who came to the same school at first, wanted to ask her son learning conditions in schools. After I explained the condition of learning in school, he was told the problem they experienced. he found it difficult to teach their children with their homework. "I was the exact Sir, I taught at several universities, but very hard to teach their own children!" He said explaining the problem. "Especially if you teach math, my kids do not believe in what I teach, she told the teacher this way, not like you teach!" He explained. I smiled to hear about it, I remembered someone, he experienced anything like this, even though he had doctoral degrees. It is issues like this very often happened. Child's teachers believe more explanation than the explanation of his parents. Though not a super teacher.

From observation I am doing all this time, the average if parents teach their children, old people in general tend to stiff, too pushy and sometimes accompanied by angry former, not rare even in some cases parents should be a war of words used by children prior learning.

Our world, the world of adults, unlike children's world. The wise man will not force his world to the world of children. Children's world is a colorful world, a simple world, full of fantasy and imagination, children world are play world. In contrast to the adult world, a world that has been contaminated with a variety of problems, complex world.

As a teacher, I not only received complaints from parents, but often I receive many complaints from my educates children in the classroom. There is by itself tells the complaints or difficulties they experienced. There are times when I must dig up information about the issues facing these students, of course, for the sake of the children's progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment