Friday, July 16, 2010

Parenting Tips : Be Posistive (1)

At a seminar, all participants were asked to sit upright and quiet with her eyes closed. He gave suggestions to us to imagine being in a beautiful place, namely at the beach. We were asked to imagine being in a beautiful beach, accompanied by the melodious music, good food, fresh drinks, along with those we love, but do not imagine with a monkey!

What happened? We are asked to forget the monkeys, but monkeys are actually just shadows appear, do not carry a monkey, but monkey is precisely our mind flashed. The more we are asked to forget the monkey, the monkey was in fact emerged clearly.

Apparently the human mind, can not accept the things that are negative, including negative words. No wonder, when I told my students in class to be quiet, even more noise. Departing from there, I was reflecting. There's something wrong! During the time that I think is right and has become a natural phenomena, it turns out wrong. Something that has become a habit, it must be changed the pattern, because it is less precise.

Changing the negative things into positive things. Changing the negative words with positive words. As a first step I tried at home to my own children. During the time when I have my child not to play all the way, I say, "Do not play the way yes!" It turned out that my child is actually playing into the distance.

"Do not stay long game! "My child was even old enough to play well. It's only a few small examples. The more children are prohibited to do something, the greater the tendency to do things that we are forbidden.

From the results of reflection, I am committed to trying to change the pattern. My little experiment, when my son wanted to play with friends, I did not say, "Do not go too far!" But I said, 'Just play anywhere near, please! "Or I say," co-star moment, yes, sir! "When I initially said," Don’t be naughty boy! "This time I replace it with the phrase," Be a good boy, yes, sir! "What were the results?

It was remarkable. My child is still small, but with such a simple pattern changes, there are remarkable changes. My child has become more obedient, more disciplined. Conforming is not because of fear, but because he had a sense of responsibility.

It is to start something new, it is usually difficult. Sometimes there are strange feelings, embarrassment, and even hesitated to begin. In fact, we asked ourselves whether this path is correct or not? Successful or not? How to begin?

I am sure, and we all agreed that learning is a process. Can not be instantaneous and direct. Like building a bridge to connect two places separated by a wide gulf and deep. Start it was difficult, requiring time, effort, cost, and the mind. How to build a bridge that is strong, strong, safe, and durable and can provide great benefits?

Certainly require a long thought and process. Not instant. However, if done with diligence, with a strong determination, good planning, with conviction and dedication.
Bridge could be built with good success. People can enjoy the bridge for various activities. Well, if you already like this, our hard work, the difficulties faced, the sacrifices and others, as if it never happened and we never experienced.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment