Friday, July 16, 2010

Parenting Tips : Be Positive (2)

Imagine if we unknowingly continually give something negative, negative words to our children, what will happen? Negative experiences suffered by children, will hamper or cripple a child's development. For example, a child who has bad writing, is always humiliated by his friends, even his teacher says that her writing was bad and could hardly be read. Boy's desire to improve the post disappeared, because every child wants to try to write beautiful, when it was also an inscription he never gets the credit. In his mind already obsessed by that bad writing. Any attempt to learn to write beautifully, so that there are minds is bad writing.

I have the experience which was very surprising to me and I immediately thought back to what I have done? On one occasion, I met a handsome young man, his skin white and clean, in my heart to say this child was beautiful! Suddenly the young man came up to me and kissed my hand. Of course, young children who is surprised, he knew my name, too.

After I asked, he replied, "Do you remember me? I am Juliet, Sir. The former pupil who are punished in front of the class because it not to work on homework sir! "He explained. I tried to remember, but still do not remember well when that happens. Really I never do anything like that? I still can not remember it, but young children are so detailed to tell the events that had passed many years and though it is still fresh in his mind, as if it happened yesterday.

I also immediately apologize to this young child. Thank’s God, he can understand, it was his fault, he said. Still covered with my guilty feelings toward this young man, I'm trying to ask, why is he still remembers that experience? Then he replied, "Yes sir remember, I was so embarrassed, and that I could not forget!" Forgive us, God. So I quickly rushed home and once again I apologize to my students that.

Another case with a positive experience. Positive experience it can develop a child's personal. With these experiences children become mature and appreciation of his life will become broader. For example a child is having difficulty in answering math problems, once when he managed to find a way of problem-solving mathematics. The success of these kids get compliments from people - people in surrounding areas, parents, teachers or friends. Armed with that experience, children will be encouraged to answer every question he gets.

Another example, a child who wishes to become a champion class, then the child is studying diligently all subjects. Although these children have not managed to become the champion class, without a sense of hopelessness and always received encouragement and motivation from people around them such as teachers, parents, friends, businesses are finally paying off. At the end of the lesson, the child becomes the champion class. It was an experience that is very beautiful and extraordinary.

Mistakes and failures are part of the learning process. We do not judge someone because he do wrong or fail. However, if we want to develop good personal, then we certainly will continue to provide encouragement, motivation and prayer in order to obtain good results. The experience is a lesson to do better than before, as the saying goes, "Experience is the best teacher."
Something big thing, usually starts from something small. I remember the adage spoken by my teacher, "People who are successful did not mean never falling, but immediately got up after falling."

No comments:

Post a Comment