If we've heard is positive, then spread the energy through positive talk, talk of polite, speak with soothing words. I have real experience dealing with this, sorry in this case not to patronize, or position as being omniscient, I just wanted to share the experience alone.
I have a student, let's say his name Hameed, his parents had "given up" with the behavior of this Hameed. Often throwing a tantrum, against the parents, hard to learn. At school too, he often disturbing friends, acting up and always behind in class. I was almost clueless face of this child, in many ways I tried, but have not succeeded as well.
Until finally, on one occasion when I was teaching the class, I announce something to my students that. I am announcing today that I was very proud to Hameed, because Hameed had shown remarkable change in attitude.
Hameed spontaneous stunned to hear my words. Certainly he was surprised, because he does not feel like what I said earlier. Similar reactions shown by other children. Changed what? That's about the questions asked of children in the classroom. I stick with the words and my standpoint that Hameed had been changed, and I'm proud of him. Yes to be honest did this child have not changed, but I'm optimistic with my words earlier.
Still, his face in amazement, I went to Hameed, congratulations for a change and shook his hand, do not forget I asked the other kids to give spirit to applaud.
My efforts to create a better Hameed did not stop there, on each occasion I gave encouragement with words of encouragement "Mr Hameed's very proud of you changes, continue to improve it!" Hameed nodded. That continues, while occasionally I give him the responsibility, strengthening-reinforcement, praise, and others.
Gradually, this kid really changed 180 degrees. Temperament for the better, be more diligent in learning, no longer interfere with his garden. Gradually improved his performance and showed graph continues upward.
There is a kind of encouragement in itself to change according to what he heard, there is a responsibility that must be espoused and implemented, there is a kind soul to change his call.
He did not feel was told, did not feel forced, but with the consciousness of his own, he wants to transform itself.
Make relationship with friends and people who are always talking positive is one step to train ourselves in order to get positive effects. Make friends with someone like that will spur us to see things from a positive standpoint, it will affect the attitudes, actions and decisions which are made positive.
What if the children speak negative words, dirty words are inappropriate? For older people, we should not directly blame the child, but try to straighten with a positive conversation through dialogue. Dialogue of a heart-to-heart. Are not judgmental. Provide corrective strengthening the character, but still within the corridor are constructive.
Realizing how the words consisting only of the order of alphabets and the impact it has tremendous power and could have a negative impact. If not managed wisely, then there are the filters that should be done first before we talk with the children or with other family members. The words are not good should be ingested alone or in deeply buried or just thrown away, to maintain good communication with family. By choosing positive words, communication will remain conducive and harmonious.
Be very careful in speaking, because of wrong-wrong will become a boomerang for ourselves. To remember is that children differ greatly from today's children a bygone era. Children today tend to be more mature and easier to understand something. More daring in speaking, and his mind is more open. Kids these days are now more daring to criticize their parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment